Alanya is obviously a paradise for beach lovers and a stunning destination known for its beautiful coastlines, clear waters, and sandy beaches – a dream come true for beach enthusiasts. With a rich history, warm Mediterranean climate, and vibrant culture, Alanya attracts tourists from around the globe.
If you’re planning a visit to this amazing Turkish city, it’s important to understand the different beaches it offers. In this guide, we’ll explore the pros and cons of the best beaches in Alanya, including the most famous beach, Cleopatra Beach, to help you choose the perfect spot for your sunny getaway.
Best Beaches in Alanya
You have many options when searching for a beach to spend the day in Alanya. Here are some of the most popular beaches in Alanya.
Cleopatra Beach: A Must-Visit for Sun Seekers
Cleopatra Beach is Alanya’s most popular beach, renowned for its fine sand and beautiful blue sea. Legend has it that Cleopatra herself once swam here, and while we can’t confirm the story, the beach’s allure remains strong.
Pros of Cleopatra Beach:
- Beautiful Views: Enjoy the stunning scenery between the historic Alanya Castle and the rolling waves of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Tourist Hotspot: Cleopatra Beach is a tourist favorite, offering great services, water sports, and a vibrant social scene.
- Accessible: Located close to the city center, this beach is easily accessible, making it an ideal choice for those staying in Alanya.
Related read: Alanya Boat Tours: Which is the Best Tour For You?
Cons of Cleopatra Beach:
- Crowded: Due to its fame, Cleopatra Beach can get quite crowded, especially during peak season, making it challenging to find a quiet spot.
- Market-Oriented: With its popularity, there are many seaside restaurants and bars near Cleopatra Beach. While convenient, it may not suit everyone’s preference for a relaxing day by the sea.
Damlatas Beach: Where Tranquility Meets History
Located next to the Damlatas Cave, which holds historical and geographical significance, Damlatas Beach offers a unique and tranquil charm.
Pros of Damlatas Beach:
- Family-Friendly: The calm and shallow waters make it safe for families with young children to enjoy a worry-free day of play.
- Attractions at Arm’s Length: The proximity to the renowned Damlatas Cave, known for its healing properties, attracts curious minds and wellness seekers.
- Appealing Ambiance: The beach’s proximity to the cave adds a sense of mystique, and its relaxed atmosphere enhances the overall experience.
Cons of Damlatas Beach:
- Limited Parking: Due to its popularity, finding parking can be challenging, especially during peak hours.
- Traffic Congestion: Although not as crowded as Cleopatra Beach, Damlatas Beach can get quite busy, which might mean less space on the beach for everyone.
Keykubat Beach: An Escape for the Serenity-Seekers
Keykubat Beach on Alanya’s eastern flank is a hidden gem for those seeking a peaceful retreat away from tourist crowds. It provides an ideal sanctuary with soft sand and calm, shallow waters.
Pros of Keykubat Beach:
- Peaceful Retreat: The lesser-known Keykubat Beach offers a slice of tranquility, perfect for relaxation.
- Gold Coast: The sandy shores shine in the sun, making it a great place to tan without being too crowded.
- Stunning Sunsets: Keykubat Beach is celebrated for its breathtaking sunset views, offering a soul-soothing experience.
Cons of Keykubat Beach:
- Minimal Services: The beach is not as equipped with facilities as others, so visitors should bring their essentials.
- Food and Beverages: The variety of eateries and bars is more limited, requiring some travel if seeking dining options.
Portakal Beach: A Cozy Coastal Getaway
Portakal Beach, a smaller stretch where sandy shores meet rugged pebbles, offers visitors a change from the usual Alanya beach scene.
Pros of Portakal Beach:
- Captivating Sceneries: With its unique landscape of sand and pebbles, Portakal Beach provides a different beach experience and lovely sea views.
- Calm Elegance: It is less busy due to its smaller size, making it an ideal option for those who value space and privacy.
- Crystal-Clear Waters: The inviting waters are perfect for a refreshing dip or relaxed swim.
Cons of Portakal Beach:
- Sufficient Details: Being less popular than other beaches, finding detailed information or reviews before your trip can be a bit challenging.
- Logistics: Transport to and from Portakal Beach might require some planning, as it’s not as centrally located as some of Alanya’s more well-known beaches.
Alanya Emirgan (Ulas) Beach: A Local’s Favorite
Emirgan Beach, also known as Ulas Beach, is a beloved spot for locals and increasingly popular among tourists.
Pros of Ulas Beach:
- Local Flavor: Ulas Beach offers an authentic glimpse into the Alanya lifestyle, attracting locals seeking relaxation.
- Spectacular Scenery: Ulas Beach has beautiful hills behind it and a big, inviting sea, making it look scenic.
- Abundant Area: The beach’s size and fewer tourists ensure plenty of room for sunbathing and enjoyment.
Cons of Ulas Beach:
- Restricted Facilities: Ulas Beach may have limited facilities as a less touristy spot, so visitors should be prepared to be self-sufficient.
- Transport Schedule: Public transport may be less frequent, especially for travelers without personal vehicles, necessitating careful planning.
Which Alanya Beach is Your Perfect Match?
As we have explored the best beaches in Alanya, it’s clear that each one offers a unique experience for every traveler. Whether you prefer the lively shores of Cleopatra Beach or the peaceful seclusion of Keykubat Beach, Alanya’s coastline has a gem to suit your preference. Enjoy the sun, feel the golden sands, and create lasting memories at Alanya’s beaches.
When deciding which beach to visit, consider the advantages and potential drawbacks outlined in this article. A well-informed choice can make your day by the sea a cherished memory.
In Alanya, the beach is more than just a destination; it is a collection of experiences waiting to be discovered. So why not explore them all? Let Alanya’s sunlit shores and tranquil waves welcome you as you journey to find your favorite beach.
In Alanya, the possibilities for reveling in the beauty of the Mediterranean are endless.
Explore Alanya Beyond the Shore
Discover the wonders of the Turkish coastline with the Suluada Boat Tour from Alanya. This full-day excursion combines relaxation and adventure, featuring hotel pickups, a scenic boat ride, and stops at pristine beaches and hidden gems like Suluada island and Korsan Bay.
Dive into crystal-clear waters for swimming and snorkeling, enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch onboard, and explore the mysterious Pirate Cave. With breathtaking views, this tour offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and leisure, making it an ideal choice for travelers seeking to explore beyond the shores of Alanya.
- Roundtrip transfer. Transfers are available from centrally located hotels and residences in Alanya. (Okurcalar, Incekum, Avsallar, Türkler, Konaklı, Alanya, Oba, Tosmur, Kestel, Mahmutlar, Kargicak).
- 6 am pick-up and 8 pm drop-off